Missouri man charged with killing ex and 2-year-old girl on Christmas Day

More On:


Davell Gardner’s family struggles through holidays, awaiting break in case

Woman fatally shot in front of her Queens apartment

Man confesses to killing girlfriend on Christmas Eve, trying to burn body: cops

Seven killed in random stabbing attack outside Chinese school

A Missouri man killed his ex-girlfriend — the mother of his two children — and her 2-year-old daughter on Christmas Day after threatening that if he could not be with her, “no one would,” police said.

Timothy Brown, 30, of Spanish Lake in St. Louis County, was charged Monday with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of armed criminal action in the Christmas morning slayings of 28-year-old Charese Garvin and her daughter, Alayah Butler, St. Louis County police said.

Witnesses saw Brown at Garvin’s home at the time of the double shooting and evidence shows that he took Garvin’s cellphone as he left the residence and kept it with him for a “period of time,” a probable cause statement shows.

“The suspect had previously threatened that if he could not have Charese Garvin, no one would,” the document continued.

A witness also reported seeing Brown inside her home that morning prior to the slayings, police said. He had not been arrested by midday Tuesday and should be considered armed and dangerous, a police spokesman told The Post.

Both Garvin and Alayah were pronounced dead at the scene. Cops responded to the woman’s St. Louis County home after getting a request for a welfare check.

Garvin had three children, including a 4- and 6-year-old fathered by Brown, whom she had previously accused of domestic violence and called cops to report the allegations, her sister-in-law told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Garvin was also pregnant with her fourth child when she was killed, her sister-in-law told the newspaper. She worked as a teaching assistant at the Special School District of St. Louis County in the Ferguson-Florissant School District, the Post-Dispatch reported.

“All of us at SSD are saddened to learn of the tragic death of Charese Garvin and her daughter,” district officials said in a statement to KSDK. “Our thoughts are with her family and her school community during this very difficult time.”

Brown, who pleaded guilty to first-degree burglary in St. Louis County in 2019, was sentenced to five years in prison and was on parole at the time of the double slaying, according to Missouri Department of Corrections records cited by the Post-Dispatch.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article