Prince Harry ‘plans to visit the UK to extend 12-month Megxit deal’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly looking to extend their 12-month Megxit deal with the Duke planning to visit the UK.

The couple, who stunned the world after announcing their decision to step down as senior royals earlier this year, want to to turn their 12-month arrangement with Buckingham Palace into a permanent deal, writes The Sun.

They want to continue as non-working royals in California despite big-money deals with Spotify and Netflix.

Prince Harry plans to return to Britain in the New Year to seal it, reports claim.

Their current deal with the Institution expires on March 31, 2021.

Talks are said to be 'less confrontational' than at January's Sandringham summit, according to sources.

Royal aids are expected to look over Netflix and Spotify deals, reportedly worth £100million and £30million respectively, to ensure they meet "the values of Her Majesty".

Meghan Markle and Harry are said to be keen to hand on to their royal patronages, despite taking on more commercial commitments across the Atlantic.

  • Meghan Markle 'quit Royal Family because they weren't powerful enough', expert claims

The Sun reports Harry's military roles, stripped in the Megxit deal, reaming vacant and may not be filled until next summer at the earliest.

Royal Biographer Andrew Morton claims the couple want to return, Covid-19 restrictions willing, for the Queen's 95th birthday on April 21, the Duke of Edinburgh's 100th in June, as well as the unveiling of a statue of Princess Diana on July 1, which would have been her 60th birthday.

He said: “Although they will do some of it by Zoom, Harry wants to meet face to face to tie it all up.

“Things seem to have calmed down. Harry has been in contact with the Queen more often than you would think. But certain things you need to be there in person to sort. They will need a few weeks. That could be done after April, depending on Covid.”

In January, the pair announced on Instagram they would be 'stepping back as senior members of the Royal Family'.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's representative has been approached for comment.

Do you think the Megxit deal should be extended, following the Sussex's decision to step down as senior royals? Let us know your thoughts below

Source: Read Full Article