Loyal dog stays with her owner’s body for three days after she froze to death

A loyal dog stayed with her owner for nearly three days after she died in a forest in -30C cold.

The toy terrier Nyusya guarded 72-year-old Lyubov Krupennikova’s body when the pensioner collapsed while on a walk in Divnogorsk, Russia.

Police and volunteers desperately searched for the woman, who went missing last Sunday.

They took three days to find her in the Siberian wilderness.

Combing a local forest, they heard a whimpering and saw the dog shivering in deep snow next to her owner’s body.

Despite the fierce cold, the dog refused to allow the search party to pick her up.

Only the pensioner’s widow could prise the animal from the snow.

The pooch is believed to have buried into the dead woman’s coat to keep warm in the harsh frost.

But rescuers were still surprised at how the mutt managed to survive.

Oksana Vasilishina, who led a rescue group, said: "The granny was found frozen in the forest, not far from the house where she was last seen.

"Her pet, toy terrier Nyusya, miraculously survived in a 30-degree frost.

  • Retired German shepherd police dog 'cries' after being reunited with handler

"It was due to her whining that one of the search groups managed to find granny."

There have been many offers to care for the loyal dog.

But Lyubov's daughter Lilia has said she will adopt Nyusya.

It comes after a blind rescue dog walked through 18 miles of frost over five days to be reunited with his previous owners.

  • Bereaved dog owner builds tennis ball memorial on beach and leaves heartbreaking note

The black mongrel, called Gary, had been living in an animal shelter for four years after being found on the streets.

But a volunteer from an animal charity in Gdansk, Poland, gave him a temporary home.

He quickly fitted into the temporary home with the family – only for a man to contact the charity three weeks later asking to adopt him.

After just one day in his new home, he freed himself from his collar and made a run for it.

A search party eventually found him asleep in a forest just yards from his temporary home of three weeks.

Source: Read Full Article