Mum died after mental health team ‘failed to turn up’ to emergency appointment

A mum-of-three tragically died at her home after a mental health crisis team allegedly didn’t show up to her emergency appointment on August 12.

Natasha Adams’ lifeless body was sadly found by neighbours the next day – hours before the crisis team eventually turned up, Natasha’s family claim.

The 25-year-old, from Solihull, went to A&E at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital the day before her death because of extreme anxiety, reports Birmingham Live.

Her family say the mental health staff arranged for a home visit on the Thursday but didn’t show up until the Friday – by which time it was too late.

Speaking about her daughter’s mental health, Natasha’s heartbroken mum, Marie, said: "She had very bad lows, very bad highs.

"When she was high they were happy highs. With the lows she might go to bed but still did the school runs.

"But she always put a smile on her face when she saw people. She helped so many people with mental health.”

Marie said that on one occasion, Natasha had sat with a suicidal young woman for 13 hours and saved her life.

Now, Natasha’s three young boys – aged between one and seven – are with their grandparents.

Marie told of the family’s unimaginable pain and added: “I just feel like my whole heart is being ripped out of my chest.

"My husband is not coping at all. He is absolutely heartbroken and devastated. She was our baby.

"And to know that she helped so many people, she was so lovely and bubbly, everybody told stories at her vigil that we held outside her flat.

"Tasha was my best friend, she was my rock.

"But this pain is not just a mental grief, it's a physical pain that takes your breath away and it feels like your heart is literally being crushed.

"And I don't like it. I hate it. I never thought there could be pain so bad as this. I really didn't."

Solihull and Birmingham Mental Health Hospital Trust, which operates the Care Home Team, said their thoughts were with Natasha’s family and friends.

They added that a “full and thorough” investigation has been started and said: “Natasha’s family will be involved and will have the opportunity to have any questions and concerns addressed as part of that process.

"Until that investigation is completed, and the coroner’s inquest is held, we cannot comment further.”

University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the QE Hospital, said: "The Trust offers its heartfelt condolences to the family of Natasha at a horrendously difficult time for them.

"We will engage with Natasha's family, and the Coroner, in their investigation of Natasha’s tragic death."

If you have been affected by any of the issues raised in this story, you can call the Samaritans at any time on 116 123 or access support online by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article