Outside of the upstart Arizona Wildcats, the Final Four of the women's NCAA Tournament is decidedly chalk.
Three No. 1 seeds – the Connecticut Huskies, South Carolina Gamecocks and Stanford Cardinal – join Arizona in Friday's national semifinals in San Antonio.
South Carolina – winners of the last women's NCAA Tournament in 2019 – square off against Stanford (6 p.m. ET), which overcame a double-digit halftime deficit in the Elite Eight against Louisville to reach the Final Four.
Arizona is in the women's Final Four for the first time ever. The Wildcats' reward: a showdown with Connecticut (9:30 p.m. ET), owners of a record 11 national championships in women's college basketball. This also represents a record 13th consecutive Final Four berth for UConn.
Women's NCAA Tournament recap
- BRACKETS:Men's and women's NCAA Tournament results and schedule
- OPINION:There won't be a void when women's coaching legends retire
- DAWN STALEY AND ADIA BARNES:Black coaches making women's Final Four history
- NCAA:Women's basketball players meet with Mark Emmert about name, image and likeness rights
- 'TIME FOR US TO DO MORE':Will NCAA fulfill pledge to women?
- GENO AURIEMMA:UConn coach defends Baylor coach for controversial COVID test comments
- PAIGE BUECKERS:How AP women's basketball player of the year pumped up Gonzaga star ahead of Elite Eight
- ANNA WILSON:Seahawks QB's sister has blossomed into one of nation's best defenders at Stanford
Source: Read Full Article