In recent times, all sorts of innovative and exciting play-to-earn games have been released on Bitcoin SV. From CryptoFights to the Haste Arcade, gaming is one of the ecosystem’s biggest use cases, and now we have a player versus player (PvP) chess game.
PowChess is now available on BSV in a public beta. It has dubbed itself “the only chess server where you can profit from your games.” Finally, chess players worldwide will have a way to play chess and earn Bitcoin (BSV).
What is PowChess, and how does it work?
PowChess pays homage to proof-of-work in its name, and it’s the first real money PvP chess game on the BSV protocol. Using popular wallets like Handcash, players can connect to PowChess and play against each other to win BSV.
Here are a few of the key features of PowChess:
- No monthly subscriptions or premium accounts are required.
- Real money PvP games and tournaments are available.
- All payouts are processed in under 1 second and are paid directly to your wallet.
- PowChess takes a 3.5% commission on all games. You’ll never see ads.
- Transactions of below 1 cent are possible thanks to BSV micropayments.
- Earn Activity Points for being active on PowChess. The top 100 on the Activity Board earn real money.
Clearly, PowChess is the first of its kind and has the potential to revolutionize how online chess works. Imagine tens of millions of chess players from all over the world battling it out to win BSV with the possibility of playing with sub-penny payments. That’s what PowChess brings to the table.
PowChess arcade games
Real money PvP chess games aren’t the only thing PowChess offers. There are also three chess-based arcade-style games in the Haste Arcade.
Here’s how they work:
- MateStrom – Find as many checkmates as possible within a three-minute time limit. If you make a mistake, it’s all over.
- Streak 64 – Attempt to capture all the pieces on the board in one streak. For each new level you reach, there’s an extra piece. You have three lives.
- MoveChain – The objective here is to make as many moves as possible against the bot. When you win the game, you earn a spot on the leaderboard.
There are all kinds of play-to-earn games with the chance to win micropayments from every player who fails to beat your top score. These PowChess games are a welcome addition to the already highly entertaining selection of games on Haste Arcade, and they showcase what’s possible on BSV that isn’t possible on any other blockchain.
PowChess and the continued growth of BSV
A quick look at BSVData.com or any other BSV analytics will tell you that iGaming is the main use case right now. With games ranging from CryptoFights to those found in the Haste Arcade driving millions of daily transactions, BSV is growing at a breakneck pace.
Why is this happening? As PowChess demonstrates, there are things that game developers can do on BSV that simply aren’t possible on other blockchains. For example, BSV’s ability to facilitate instant micropayments of under 1 cent, thanks to its extremely low fees of $0.0001 and below, makes interesting new use cases such as micro betting and earning recurring revenue from leaderboard positions possible. For these reasons and others such as scalability, developers such as those behind PowChess have chosen BSV.
At a pace that’s almost too fast to keep up with, we see a constant stream of new, innovative games and applications being released on the original Bitcoin protocol. With over 4 million daily transactions being the norm now and large BSV miners/transaction processors like TAAL (CSE:TAAL | FWB:9SQ1 | OTC: TAALF) preparing for 4GB blocks, the future is bright for BSV.
We wish PowChess every success and a very bright future! You can learn more about it on the PowChess official website.
Read the latest ebook, BSV Blockchain as an Enterprise Cybersecurity Framework.
Source: Read Full Article