Meghan Markle and Prince Harry "didn't see it coming" that they would have their royal patronages removed – and their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey will now be re-edited because they "spoke as they still had roles to play", it has been reported.
CBS announced on Monday, February 15, that the 90-minute "Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special" will air on March 7.
The interview had already been filmed before Buckingham Palace announced on Friday that the couple will not be returning as working members of The Royal Family.
The couple will be stripped of their military titles and Royal patronages, which will be redistributed among working members of the Firm.
Given the change of events between last week’s filming and the stripping of their patronages, the televised chat will be re-edited, the Daily Mirror reports.
It is understood the couple spoke about their roles within the royal family which have “significantly” now altered since sitting down with the US chat shown queen.
Ideally, claimed one US TV insider, CBS would like to re-shoot some of the interview to discuss the changes that have now taken place.
A source told the Mirror: “When the Duke and Duchess spoke, it was never envisaged they would have their patronages taken away.
“They didn’t see it coming and spoke as they still had roles to play.
Meghan Markle's Oprah interview 'will give Duchess her voice back' close friend claims
“Now, however, other than their titles, they are to have no role in royal life – a point producers know was not discussed when Winfrey spoke to them.
“Neither the Sussexes nor the TV crew saw the fallout of their interview leading to this. Harry and Meghan thought they would retain their roles.
“But things have significantly changed for them since they eagerly sat for Winfrey and poured their hearts out.”
Prince William 'shocked' at Prince Harry's 'insult to the Queen', insiders claim
The interview is said to have taken place last Tuesday, the day Harry’s grandfather, Prince Philip, was admitted to hospital “as a precautionary measure” after feeling unwell.
Winfrey is claimed to have spent two days with the Sussexes filming their primetime interview.
An international bidding war for the rights to Oprah’s interview with Harry and Meghan is now underway ahead of the March 7 broadcast.
The CBS programme is scheduled to air at 8pm to viewers on the east coast of America which will be 1am the following day in Britain.
The couple is said to have agreed to the interview as they “wanted the final say on Megxit”.
ITV reported the news of the impending interview after realising it would be taking place when a member of the chat show host’s team requested access to news presenter Tom Bradby’s 2019 interview with Meghan in which she complained no one had asked her is if she was “ok”.
The Duchess, who is expecting their second child, will be the main focus of the show, discussing “stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood,philanthropic work” and “how she is handling life under intense public pressure”.
Harry, 36, is advertised as the support act by CBS, who will broadcast the “primetime special”, Oprah with Meghan and Harry, on March 7.
Source: Read Full Article