Security guard ‘kidnaps girl’ after meeting her with catfish Facebook profile

Police are hunting 51-year-old security guard after he catfished and allegedly kidnapped a teenage girl.

The Thai creep allegedly posed as a teen on Facebook and tricked his 17-year-old victim into meeting up with him, promising to buy her two new mobile phones if she did, the girl's aunt, Nipa Pengpuang, claimed on social media.

The girl disappeared after going to meet the man on Friday (January 20), and Nipa thinks the man may have taken her hostage following the meet-up, Thai news outlet Thaiger reported.

READ MORE: Music teacher 'poisoned by jealous lover before he fed body to crocodiles'

Following the allegations, Warin Weerasoothorn, director of the Shelter for Children and Families in Chai Nat Province, said she and representatives from other law enforcement departments visited the girl's house in central Thailand yesterday (Tuesday, January 24).

Warin said officials found the victim's mum, who reportedly suffers from depression as well as several physical diseases, bedridden.

The girl's mum told officers she had only just found out about her daughter's disappearance and said that while she had wanted to look after her daughter, her multiple health conditions prevented her from doing so.

She said she hoped her daughter would soon be returned home safely.

  • Teen student 'raped by two men and dumped in road before being killed by speeding car'

Meanwhile, police officers reported they had been able to track the alleged victim's phone signal, giving them hope they may be able to retrieve the girl – and arrest her possible kidnapper – soon.

If found guilty of kidnapping the young girl, the security guard could be thrown in jail for up to three years, face a fine of up to 60k baht (£1,500), or both under Thai law.

This isn't the only case of kidnap that has plagued the nation of Thailand in recent weeks.

Earlier this month, a 65-year-old woman was reportedly kidnapped by two unidentified men in Lampang province and left for dead in a forest, according to Thaiger.

Authorities were able to help the woman back to safety, but the suspects ran away and managed to dodge arrest.

Another woman went missing on January 15 after she left the karaoke bar where she worked in Isan region with a customer.

The events that led to the 38-year-old's disappearance are still a mystery.

For more stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here


  • Teen student 'raped by two men and dumped in road before being killed by speeding car'

  • Transgender sex beast found guilty of raping two women before she transitioned

  • Charles' 'secret son' slams 'criminal King and Queen Consort' over 'cover up' claims

  • Brit mum looking after her 15-month-old baby in jail after dealing heroin and crack

Source: Read Full Article