Huge Nicola Bulley update as inquest opens more than three weeks after mum vanished | The Sun

AN INQUEST into the death of tragic Nicola Bulley has formally been opened.

The mum-of-two, 45, was discovered on the banks of the River Wyre on Sunday – 23 days after she first vanished.

An inquest opened today at 12pm at Preston Coroner's Court.

No cause of death was released during the brief hearing, which was not attended by Nicola's family.

The court was told the mum-of-two had to be identified through her dental records.

The inquest was adjourned ahead of a full hearing in June 2023.

Lancashire Police confirmed on Monday that Nicola's body had been identified.

She was discovered less than a mile from where she was last seen in St Michael's on Wyre, Lancashire, at around 9.15am on January 27.

In a heartbreaking statement, Nicola's family said their "worst fears had been confirmed".

They added: "We will never be able to comprehend what Nikki had gone through in her last moments and that will never leave us.

Most read in The Sun


Chaos at ITV as host pulls out minutes before live show

abuse agony

Mum failed by Nicola cops left suicide note saying 'hope my life saves another'


Horror moment Dan Walker knocked out after being hit by car & flung from bike


Maddie's parents suffer 'unnecessary pain' over woman's claims, source says

"We will never forget Nikki, how could we, she was the centre of our world, she was the one who made our lives so special and nothing will cast a shadow over that.

"Our girls will get the support they need from the people who love them the most."

The statement continued: "Our hearts truly break for others who have missing loved ones. Keep that hope alive.

"Finally, Nikki, you are no longer a missing person, you have been found, we can let you rest now.

"We love you, always have and always will, we'll take it from here."

Nicola's disappearance sparked a mystery after her mobile was found on a bench still connected to a work conference call.

Nicola's pet springer spaniel Willow was also found – but there was still no trace of the mum-of-two.

Her death is now being treated as unexplained.

Source: Read Full Article